Director of Technology Operations
A Quick Snippet
Enthusiastic, technical expert (obviously), intelligent, self-motivated, detailed-oriented, operations maestro with a background in tai chi (just kidding…) a passion for great technology and a sense of humour. Oh, and mustn’t be afraid of time and space travel (we’re from the future after all). Must possess valid passport.
A Bit About Us
FutureVault is an intelligent personal and business information management company. FutureVault’s suite of products offers partner organizations a powerful white label SaaS solution to acquire, reward & retain their clients, members and employees. FutureVault enhances a partner organization's ability to manage key client segments and provides its end users with the ability to digitally deposit, store, and manage their information through a highly-structured, instructive interface across multiple entities. FutureVault’s direct-to-business product suite provides tailored solutions targeted at high-value, multi-stakeholder verticals.
We’re currently seeking a strong infrastructure guru to lead the Technology Operations practice and optimize the use of cloud services to effectively manage our environment, and ensure it is compliant with best practices, privacy rules (and tough regulators!). The Director of Technology Operations will lead a high-performance team to ensure our people, processes, and technologies are on the path of continuous improvement and aligned with corporate objectives.
If you’re looking to help a super awesome startup aggressively grow their product development organization while at the same time rebuild key components of their software platform, this is the gig for you.
A Bit About You
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience in Technology leadership or similar IT/development management role
- And you have 5+ years of hands on experience with hosting operations, development operations, performance testing, application security, and/or other software engineering activities
- You have experience with designing, migrating/implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms
- You possess a degree in Computer/Software Engineering or a related area from a recognized educational institution
- Bonus points for 1+ year of vendor and/or partnership management
- You have a working knowledge of automation using scripting, containerization and infrastructure as code best practices.
- You know all about the agile development processes in a growth organization
- You're familiar with version control software and job execution tools, preferably Bitbucket, Git or Jenkins
- You also have a strong understanding of continuous integration/delivery practices and other DevOps concepts
- You're familiar with virtualization platforms and containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Professional Certifications – TOGAF, ITIL, AWS Certifications, PMP
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- A background in software development and experience in configuration management
- Technology understanding of API management solutions
- Experience with cloud relevant application architectures such as microservices or building cloud native applications
Your Mission Should You Choose to Accept It
As the Director, Technology Operations you will provide strategic and technical leadership in the areas of production hosting operations, development operations (DevOps), partnership and vendor management, establishing and maintaining 24/7 support, as well as other engineering shared services. The responsibility encompasses planning, staffing, budgeting, performance management, implementation of functional engineering best practices, as well as, the planning and execution of product/technology development optimizations. You will be the company's technical leader in assessment, selection, onboarding and management of engineering tools and production hosting solutions. You will also work closely with his/her peers to deliver a leading-edge platform in an agile environment.
The Technology Operations team will work collaboratively with engineering, product, and other technical resources to aid in the development and deployment of the shared tools, best practices, and most importantly, quality software. We are seeking an innovative leader with strong knowledge of Cloud platform services. A successful candidate should have the capability to thrive in a changing environment, while driving improvements in the tools, best practices, and deployment processes of highly complex mission critical systems.
- Lead a team of talented system administrators and DevOps engineers to effectively deliver a reliable production environment, critical tools, services, and information to the product development organization, while maintaining focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure system/environment administration and deployment functionality evolve to meet changing business needs. Cloud utilization optimization and a consistent CI/CD pipeline throughout all stages of the SDLC
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Operations to foster successful partnerships critical to the design, development, testing, hosting, and implementation of automated/continuous deployment solutions
- Proactively work with senior leadership to determine priorities, while working with senior team members to assign tasks/task areas and coordinate the work effort
- Lead activities in all tiers of the DevOps solution, including production deployments, orchestration/automation of system configuration, application configuration, and cloud migration/management
- Manage vendor/service provider relationships to ensure any new or existing services are fully leveraged to gain maximum benefit for the organization
- Manage growth requirements for licensing, tooling, infrastructure, and cloud resources efficiently
- Mentor team members such that they grow and prosper
- Ability to accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines
- Manage internal operations to enable FutureVault Inc. to operate effectively: desktop/laptop management, internal networks, Office365 administration, procurements etc.