Last week, our team released several new updates and enhancements to the FutureVault platform to make managing your everyday workflow much easier.
Below are some major highlights from this release including what’s new and improved, and additional platform enhancements and upgrades. Continue scrolling to learn more about how this release can benefit your firm, your advisors, and your clients.
NEW! Secure File Request Links
This new and highly requested feature makes it easier than ever to securely request and collect documents from just above anyone (prospects, clients, partners), ensuring a seamless and secure document exchange experience.
Follow the steps outlined below to get started with creating your Generic Upload Request Link(s).
- In your Vault, select the folder where you would like to collect and receive documents.
- Right-click and select File Upload Request.
- Create a new file request by clicking ‘Add New File Request’.
- Add an expiration date (Optional): You have the option to set an expiration date for any and all Generic Upload Request Links you create. To do this, simply click on the date and make the necessary adjustments. If you decide to remove the expiration date, click on the ‘X’ icon to clear it.
For additional security, you can introduce a password to your Generic Upload Request Link(s). However, it’s important to note that you will need to share this password through an alternative method, such as a phone call or a text message, as this password will not be sent and delivered automatically.
- Copy the link and share it!
Hot Tip! Add a hyperlink in your email signature(s) to streamline receiving one-off documents (securely) from prospects, customers, and partners.
Managing your Generic Upload Request Links can be done under the ‘Shared’ tab (in the left-hand menu). You can easily view request details, access folders, copy links, and delete file request links with just a few clicks.
Visual Identification for Folders
A visual identifier indicated as a link icon is displayed next to any and all folders where File Request Links have been created, making it easy to quickly identify which folders are associated with incoming documents from secure file links.
NEW! An Aggregate View of all ‘In-Review’ Documents
The new ‘Documents In Review’ feature is an aggregated view of all ‘In Review’ documents across all client Vaults, making it easy to quickly monitor, manage, and publish documents from one convenient location rather than individually going through client Vaults one by one.
Documents that are being reviewed and have yet to be published (made available to clients) can be identified with the ‘IN REVIEW’ label below the document name and can only be viewed by the Admin user(s) until published.
Here are the steps you can take to start taking advantage of this feature:
- Login with your Admin account
- Click on the ‘Documents in Review’ tab available to you in the left main menu bar.
- Centralized View: Gain a comprehensive view of all documents currently under review across various client vaults in a single, consolidated interface.
- Sort and Filter: Utilize sorting and filtering options to categorize documents based on the Document Name, Client Vault, Uploaded By, and Package Names.
- Publishing Documents: Admins can directly publish one or multiple under-review documents from the ‘Documents in Review’ tab, ensuring seamless and timely document sharing across all relevant client Vaults.
Info! Only Admins with the appropriate permissions will be able to access this feature.
View-Only Trusted Advisor Permissions
Vault holders can now enable ‘View-Only’ (Read-Only) permissions when creating new or updating permissions to existing Trusted Advisors (Trusted Collaborators). View-Only permissions allow Trusted Advisors to only view documents, blocking them from doing actions like editing, deleting, sharing, and moving existing contents and documents within Vaults.
When a Trusted Advisor with View-Only access enters the vault, they can preview documents but are restricted from performing other primary actions on existing documents. However, they retain the ability to upload files and execute actions exclusively on documents they personally upload.
Enhance Efficiency with Drag and Drop Improvements
We are excited to introduce a new feature that simplifies document upload for all users. With this feature, any user (and role) can easily drag and drop documents directly from their desktop into folders without opening them in the Vault. This helps eliminate the need to click into folders first before uploading and adding documents.
Using this feature is straightforward:
- Open the Vault and navigate to the target folder where you want to upload documents.
- Locate the documents on your desktop that you want to upload.
- Simply drag the selected documents from your desktop and drop them into the Vault folder. The documents will be uploaded directly, without the need to open the folder first.
Additional Enhancements and New Features for Admin Users
To further empower Vault Admins, a host of new features and enhancements have been introduced to address common pain points and improve the overall experience.
Improved End Client and Collaborator Permissions
Previously, if end clients and collaborators (Vault holders and Trusted Advisors) created a folder within a sponsor company folder, it was treated as that sponsor company’s folder, restricting their ability to manage it.
This new improvement allows the clients to move, rename, or even delete those folders, except when they contain files (if the files are uploaded by Admin/Rep, the client will still not be able to delete the folder until those files are removed).
Client List Enhancements
Several enhancements have been introduced for Admins and Reps in the Client List:
- Quickly discern the assigned Folder Template type within the Client List.
- Re-add Co-Owners who were inadvertently removed.
- Retain your preferred sorting settings, even after logging out from the system.
- Inactive Vaults are now hidden by default. To show these Vaults, simply click on ‘Actions’ and unselect ‘Hide Inactive’.
Quick Links for Administrative Users
Incorporate an External Link into the left-hand menu of your Admin users (including Advisors), enabling convenient access to a Custom Knowledge Base, an enterprise resource, or even a link that provides quick access to other systems like your CRM.
- ➜ Re-create Co-Owners that were previously deleted: Previously, if Admin users removed a Co-Owner from client Vaults and attempted to add them back, the system would throw an error ‘Email already exists’. Now, Admins can easily remove and re-add Co-Owners without any issues.
- ➜ Total documents under Entities: Under the Entity Management tool, Vault owners can now see the total number of documents associated and tagged to each respective Entity.